Madrid Revealed is the ultimate guide to Madrid
With this downloadable guide you will experience Madrid deeply, authentically and deliciously. Like a true local!
Everything you need to make your time in Madrid unforgettable:
- 70+ of the best locally-loved tapas bars, restaurants, pastry shops, cocktail bars
- How to order drinks and food like a local
- My favourite traditional markets (and how to tackle them)
- How to tackle the Prado, Reina Sofia & Thyssen and the must-visit lesser-known museums
- Hidden shops for non-crappy gifts & souvenirs
- Where to get great coffee (it’s harder than you think!)
- How to explore the Rastro flea market (and where to eat!)
- The best flamenco shows to book at (and tips to make sure you have an authentic experience)
- How to use the Metro and other local transport, plus best ways to get from the airport to your hotel
- Where to stay (and the neighbourhoods to avoid)
- Full neighbourhood guides
- Common scams to avoid
- And so much more!
All included for only €16.95
This is NOT your typical city guide.
Lots of travel guides are written by people who don’t actually live in the city. But Madrid Revealed distills my 10 years of eating and drinking in and exploring Madrid in an easy-to-read guide.
This guide is personal. It’s kind of like hanging out with me in Madrid. All my favourites are here. And if I don’t think a place is any good, it’s not in here.
I’ll tell you what to see, eat, and do, and help you know what to skip.
Plus, with so many videos on my YouTube channel, people often say they struggle to use them to plan their trip. So throughout the guide I have linked to the precise moment in my videos where I talk about certain tapas bars, or social rules (tipping, greeting, opening hours etc).
Long story short – this guide will totally change how you experience Madrid. 🍾
You’ll have the best Madrid recommendations in your pocket!
The key to understanding Madrid is to realise that it’s a city of neighbourhoods.
I divide all my recommendations by the best neighbourhoods. And in each neighbourhood I give you the best places to eat, drink and shop, as well as hidden, local spots.
Plus so many practical tips:
- Where in Madrid should I stay?
- What are the best day trips (and any lesser-known options)?
- How does tipping work?
- When is the best time to visit (AND avoid)?
- Is Madrid safe? What about for solo travellers?
- How to get sales tax back?
- What are opening hours? Is the siesta a thing?
- And lots, lots more!